Tuesday 12 May 2015

Bridal Shower

Wedding Shower Card

Bridal showers are not a "thing" in England, so I was rather stumped for what to make exactly. However some new goodies from Papertrey Ink soon made up my mind.  I used the lovely Topiary Tree set of stamps and dies. They were so easy to use! I don't have a magnetic platform for my Sizzix, so was worried how well I could line up dies and stamps. I experimented by punching the dies first from plain white card stock. Then I lined up the stamps and using Stampabilities pigment ink in a light green stamped on top. A second layer was accented with a darker green, and it was all simple to line up by eye! The trunk and pot were stamped with brown, and the whole thing layered with sticky foam pads.  Finally it was accented with Recollections clear glitter glue (discontinued) and some white ribbon.
The wedding circle was done with Silhouette Sketch Pens in the Silhouette studio, using the text to path function, and cut the same way. The outside was then swiped through the dark green pad. The background is a gold/white pearlescent cardstock and a stripe of Tan and White Damask cardstock, both from Recollections by Michaels. The gold pearlescent was sponged light green with make up sponges then over stamped with gold pigment ink. I used the ferns from Paper Treys Meadow Greens set and blots from Stampin Up's French Foliage set (discontinued). All backed up on a cream card.

No comments:

Post a Comment