Sunday 30 August 2015

Stamp-a-Faire 2015 challenge- Threads

Stamp-a-Faire threads challenge....
Build a thread nest....Problem one...I bought thread...but it was NOT on a spool...so it didn't want to curl as the instructions wanted...not even when I wrapped it round stuff.....so I went hunting and found a tiny spool of thread...it wouldn't fall nicely like in the video ...but at least it was a start! I wanted to do something different from a sentiment, so I picked a butterfly as my focal point.
Here is what I came up with:
I cut my butterfly out (matching die and stamps by Sizzix) and coloured him in with Prismacolour pencils. I added a touch of sparkle with a clear Wink of Stella pen.
On green cardstock I sponged the flower stencil using cosmetic sponges and Distress Inkpads. I then further sponged the edges with more distress inks and sprayed it with a mister. After I stamped it with Finnabair bubbles stamp and Inkadinkado dot flourishes. The "nest" was made of gold thread and tucked under the butterfly which was adhered with a sticky foam pad.

No comments:

Post a Comment